January 31, 2014

Homemade Ranch Dressing

Some people already know this about me. To some it may come as a shock even gross maybe......

Throughout my life I have had a long standing love affair with Ranch Dressing. I do not put it on everything, but everything that I can. My favorite is the Ranch and Ketchup/BBQ combo. I will eat it with french fries, baked potatoes, leftover mashed potatoes, burgers, sandwiches, wraps, panini's..... you get my drift. 


Recently I have been questioning this love affair.... is it all that healthy of a relationship(no)? Even in moderation(maybe)? 

I do try very hard to stay away from processed foods, but at times its hard to totally escape not consuming it. Lately I have paid more attention to the taste of things and the taste of bottled ranch seems very processed. So it made me think....What is really in it? How does that bottle last so long in the fridge? 

So to help mend my relationship problems, I decided to make my own. Have more control in this relationship and what exactly goes into it. 

After making this my problems are solved. I may never go back!

Homemade Ranch Dressing 

1 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt (or low fat sour cream)
1/4-1/2 cup milk or cream 
1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise 
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill 
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives 
1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder 
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1/4 teaspoon cayenne 

In a bowl combine all of the ingredients. Whisk together well. Pour into a mason jar or an air tight container. Keep refrigerated. 

Simply,
Meg


Adapted from The Wholesome Cook.

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin