May 2, 2011

Thank you..

Sorry I have not blogged in quite some time… been very busy and maybe a little distracted from writing…. I have a few blogs almost finished and will share them shortly, but today I wanted to post a quick blog.

I woke up today to the news of the death of Osama Bin Laden. Some may believe a huge day in the war against terror, others may believe this may have woken a giant. I hope this news can bring many people closure.

We taxied into DCA today and I got out of cockpit to do my walk around. Next to our parked plane I watched a family gather around the cargo bin of a Delta MD88, accompanying them were military personnel. Carefully the ground crew loaded a coffin decorated with an American flag onto the luggage belt. With soldiers in full dress saluting the coffin as it passed by, the coffin was carefully loaded into the back of a hearse. The family was bringing their son/daughter to DC to be buried in Arlington Cemetary.

I felt deeply for the mother, a mother should never have to bury a child. I could not imagine the pain and grief that comes with that. Watching this touched me very much. As a tear came down my cheek, I couldn’t help but think how honored I am that this soldier and many others are fighting for my freedom I would like to take the time to thank the men and women who are overseas serving in our armed forces.

Simply,
Meg

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin