March 17, 2011

Cancun... Part 2.... Scoop and Hammer

Me: Daddy, Daddy turn the jams down we are getting pulled over.
Daddy: No we are not…Are we really?

I look around the cab and the boys are shoving their money down their panties and throwing wallets under the seats. I just sat there frozen and terrified. Thoughts immediately started wondering through my mind. What if I get separated from the boys? Who do I call? What will happen to me? Donkey show?.. I had my purse, camera, flip and wallet full of everything on my lap, clutching it with a death grip…. The cab driver immediately jumps out and the cops come up to the car, shining his light on us, all over our laps… He doesn’t say a word, turns off his light and walks back to his truck. I see the cab driver speaking to the police. All of the sudden he hops back in the cab and floors it out of there. What in the hell was that all about? He turned to me and said in broken English nothing 10 dollars can't fix. The look on everyone’s face said it all, thank god we got out of that one. Piece of advice # 2 not followed…. At least we survived the night.

It just so happened to be Canadian spring break while we were there and we had met the Canadian Daddy. His name was “Lamarcus”, what a piece of work. He had these business cards that had his name on them with a quote: “ This is going to happen weither you like it or not” and down on the right hand corner was his room number, hand written. If you flipped the card over all it said was BOOM! He was classic! We couldn’t get enough of Canadian Daddy. He strolled around the resort always drink in hand with the bedroom slippers the hotel provides. At this point he was on his second pair and they were no longer white, more like a blackish gray color. Canadian Daddy did teach us some valuable things. My favorite was the “ Scoop and Hammer”. This is when you order a whiskey and coke. As soon as the waiter gives it to you, you begin to scoop out the ice. What you do with the ice is completely your choice. You can throw it on the floor, at people or in a near by bush. Then you hammer the drink. I was fortunate enough to witness the Canadian Daddy teach our Daddy this valuable tidbit! Almost piddled I was laughing so hard.

The next morning we were all in bed and Goobs was asleep out in  the hammock on our balcony… All of the sudden he comes flying in the room screaming, Do you think Chuck Norris Askey is sleeping the day away? Cancun never sleeps…buzzing around the room. Finally he hops in the shower and in no time at all is out the door starting his day. I just sat in bed wondering what in the hell just happened in here. Daddy and Mr. Pebbles had no recollection of any of this when they woke up. Eventually we got up and headed to  breakfast.

At breakfast Tim saw us and joined. We were recapping the night before when I looked over and Tim was wearing a Mexican wrestling mask. Where in the heck did that come from? The day before the Bostyan and Lilly family went to the Mexican flea market. This is where they found this little gem. It was gold with orange lightning bolts on either side of the holes for your eyes. On either side of the head were two black bull horns and in between the two horns was this orangish/brown pube like hair. We referred to him as Mexicali! It was the funniest thing I have seen. He was just hanging out at breakfast... as Mexicali.

After we ate we headed to the pool, it was like groundhog day. All of the sudden Mr. Pebbles had disappeared with Daddy. When he returned to the pool he was wearing cowboy boots, cut off jeans, and a wool/suede vest. Quickly Mexicali joined him. What a combo, they quickly became the talk of the pool. They even had their pictures taken with a massive iguana.

Everyone had finally made it to Cancun at this point and we headed to the beach for a few games of volleyball. Little did we know that Drean came fully prepared. He had brought a little bit of Wash Park. Out comes the volleyball from home. The same ball that we have played many games in Wash Park with. Thoughtful? Weird? Maybe both but it was perfect, good thinking Drean. So the games began again with a nice little beach bar right behind us. Jams pumping, on repeat… I swear I loved the Black eyed peas song Time… until the 50th time it was played.

The most difficult thing about the trip was the fact that you have endless options of what to drink. It is really hard to figure out what you want and what you are really in the mood for. Plus it was hot, we were drinking all day and I did not want to feel bloated I quickly became friends with the bartender and he made me a drink called “After Sex”. It was amazing, refreshing and perfect. In it was Sambuca (I think that is what he said), watermelon liqueur, sprite and I would have him add vodka! They were dangerous.

Another full day of sun and fun and we were ready for dinner. This night was going to be a tame one at least for me. We had dinner at a sit down restaurant and the food was very good. It was insane you could order anything off the menu because you didn’t have to pay for a thing. When it came to dessert time I was torn between flan and crème brulee, so why not have both of them! Oink Oink.  After dinner we all made our way back down to the beach and had a little roast for Jen and Lucas, just telling stories. Then Jen and Lucas introduced everyone and we all had a great laugh. Earlier where we had been playing beach volleyball they had set up a beach night club and we Jersey Turnpiked it all night. If Jen and I saw someone just standing there, we would both look at each other and say, “looks like he needs a little turnpikin”. I did learn that you have to be careful with who you turnpike. I saw a random guy standing looking a little bored and I felt generous so I tunrpiked him. Little did I know I would have a Stage 5 clinger… I finally slipped away from that poor guy. I wanted to be in bed a little earlier that night anyways, so I would be nice and fresh for the big day.
I was still awake when the boys made it back to the room. We visited for a little while. Then got ready for bed. Goobs was terrified of falling out of the hammock during the night. We said goodnight and Goobs headed out to his bed. All the sudden we hear a large crash. We all stare at each other. Then bust out laughing, he must of fallen out. We didn’t hear another peep....

To be continued……
Simply,
Meg

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin