March 22, 2011

Cancun...Part 3... I do!

Those of you who might have been concerned…. Goobs survived the night! He only knocked over the table while getting into the hammock! The night before Daddy had informed us that he was not going to be able to stay for the wedding… He was nervous about getting back to work. Of course no one really believed him… But when I woke up there was an empty bed… No Daddy… It was a sad day in Cancun.

We met everyone for breakfast and then made our way to the pool The girls had a couple of hours before we had to start “putting our faces on”. Jen had a hair appointment at 12 and I decided to go with her so she could have a little company. The rest of us had appointments at 1. It was a nice relaxing afternoon, enjoying champagne and being pampered a little bit. After our appointments we had a nice lunch and immediately up to the room to get dressed.


Jen’s room over looked the reception site.  While we were getting dressed we were watching them set up for it. They were struggling quite a bit trying to keep everything from blowing away. It was such a windy day. Eventually the wedding coordinator spoke with Jen about moving the reception inside. She really didn’t want to, the spot was beautiful, overlooking the ocean. Eventually she decided to move it inside. I think at first she was a little upset about but it ended up being the best decision.

Jen was stunning and her dress was absolutely perfect. The bridesmaids dresses that Jen picked out were also perfect. Everyone looked very nice. After all of the girls were ready we walked over to my room, which just so happened to be right next to the ceremony. On our way over we had to walk past the pool, everyone started clapping and wishing Jen the best. We got to the room and were patiently waiting for everything to start. CNA was running this show! All the sudden he sends Jane, the mother of the bride, down the isle… Flora the wedding coordinator had not even made it into the room yet. I think I had to tell CNA that he needed to pump the brakes a little bit on this one.  Finally it was time, walking down the isle was an amazing site. Seeing everyone there and the view overlooking the ocean. Dreany made a funny point. No one in our group is ever very serious, we are always joking and kidding about. He said that he walked into the ceremony and he had never seen that group of people so serious in his entire life.


After pictures down on the beach we headed up to the lobby. I was dying to see the reception. We were finally able to enter the room. As we walked in we were handed blue cocktails that were absolutely delicious. The room was beautifully decorated and there was a large space for turnpikin'. Jen made a great decision. We didn’t have to worry about the weather or wind. Also the room was very private, drunks couldn’t walk by screaming, interrupting everything.  Each wedding party couple was introduced and had a song that they had to walk out to and give a little dance. Sprute and Kristen came out strutting that ass. Mexicali and Becky came out. And then Josh and I came out to Bottoms up… we did the classic shower followed by a turnpike. I think my favorite part of our entrance was when Josh turned to me and asked, " soo.. you wanna turnpike now!" After everyone was introduce dinner began. After dinner Lucas had wanted everyone to give speeches. I was a terrified because I had not done so well at paige’s wedding, shaking, forgetting my words, getting all choked up. This one I was much better at.. thanks for the practice Paige. I told few story of the party pigs! (Blog on party pigs to come!)









After everything Jen and Lucas had their first dance... at the end of it there were fireworks. It was awesome but smoked out the room for a little bit. Then the party began. It was finally time to make some bad decisions....The DJ was perfect, he didn’t talk at all and just played the music we wanted. We were all dancing like complete idiots and having the best time ever. At one point the wedding coordinator asked Lucas if he wanted to cut the cake. His response was, " NO, no cake... nothing is going to stop this party!" Then the tequila shots began and out of no where the wait staff brought out a beer bong… Are you kidding me? I took one bong of beer and that was going to be it. But these people were like those ladies in the night club a few nights ago. From what I recall...They shoved me on the floor and shoved the bong in my nouth, but this time it was not beer. It had tequila, some red stuff and god knows what else in there. Things got a little bit western! It was Game over for me!

                What a night.... what a weekend. That will be a wedding that will be talked about for many moons! The next day at breakfast we started saying our goodbyes and reliving the weekend. Sprute and I decided to stay and extra day! It was a great decision. A day in Mexico recovering and relaxing. I needed that extra day for sure. I was not quite ready to get back to reality. We enjoyed the day out by the pool. It just so happened that the people who worked the wedding the night before were all out at the pool working..... Alejandro was waiting on us.... Once I finally made it out the the pool he walked over to us and started laughing... He looked at me and asked if I remembered him.. Of course how could I forget the waiter named Alejandro that the night before we requested Lady GaGa, Alejandro, for and he bonged a beer during his song!! Classic!


The weekend had finally come to an end for me. It was sad to go and say goodbye to all of my friends.... it would be weird waking up the next day and not going to breakfast, asking for a drink and it immediately being brought to me, having someone make me an omlete every morning..... but the time had come to leave.

Thanks Jen and Lucas for some great memories and a Flannnntastic weekend!! Love you mean it!! Now lets get trampled!

Simply,
Meg

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin