January 25, 2012

What got into me?

So in sticking to New Year Resolutions, I know I may have skipped a blog. So to make up for it I will have another posted by Sunday!

This is about my other resolution... I have kept to my resolution of trying to get back into shape. As blogged before I have been doing the Jillian Michaels DVD and decided that was just not enough for me. Don't get me wrong that is a tough workout but at this point for me I need more. I get impatient when I do not see results. I know, I know it takes time to see results. I have just noticed that this body is not 20 anymore and wont snap back into shape like it once did. I use to be able to run for a week or two and things would start to feel back to normal. Now, not so much.... soooooo.....

I am starting to run 6 days a week and either yoga or my DVD's. I had done some yoga at home 2 nights ago and it was not easy. I attended a yoga flow class last night and it felt great, but still not easy. I left a little mad at myself for not keeping up with my fitness and yoga. I am definitely not as flexible as I was and the poses were/are challenging. I think I had forgotten or maybe not realized how much yoga helps.

What really made me realize how much it helps... well I think maybe this had something to do with it... was today I went for a run, 30 min was what I had planned on doing. Recently while running I have had no desire to go any further than my normal 3 miles or 30 min. I also would put off running to the very last part of my day. It was painful to think about. Today I set out to run 30 min and finished my run an hour later. It felt great! I finally got that feeling again, I enjoyed my run. Maybe it was the perfect weather, the perfect temp, the perfect surroundings, maybe it was yoga and the mindset it gives you, or maybe it was the fact that I have to get into a bathing suit in about a month. Only time will tell!

I am very excited to have this feeling of motivation back!!!

Simply Meg

1 comment:

Jesse Von Fange said...

I've been running on Hawlin a lot lately. Maybe see you out there sometime! Keep on keeping' on!

Follow on Bloglovin